Thursday, May 23, 2013

Moscato wines



Moscato wine-what is that?  I had never heard of it until the waitress at The Olive Garden offered a free sample.  I liked it and have since then tried several different brands. Now every time we go into a store with a wine section we always take the time to search out the Moscato wines.  These wines seem to be lighter and sweeter  than  other wines which is the type  that seems to appeal to my taste buds.  The latest brand I tried is the Moscato D’Asti Bella Bolla bought at Walmart.  The label  printed  on the bottle describes the Bella Bolla as …”deliciously fruity with flavors of citrus and melon.”  They are right about the deliciously fruity part.  This one is a “keeper”.   The wine  can  be  enjoyed on its’ own  or with any entrée, fresh fruit or dessert.  My husband and I had it with a roasted chicken dinner and we  thought  it was a delicious match.   There is quite a big variety of Moscato wines in the wine section. I haven’t tried them all yet.  But, I will probably get around to it.    Some of the vineyard names are familiar, but others seem a little more obscure and even a little amusing like The Naked Grape, Lucky Duck, Yellow Tail and Flip Flop Left Coast.   I like the names and the labels can be artistic and interesting visually.   So, if you are into wine and would like to try a lightly sweet  one,  give Bella Bolla a try!

Moscato D’Asti  Bella Bolla, Product of Italy $7.97

No comments:

Post a Comment